I took this picture of ZJ this morning just because. I laughed when I downloaded it because she looks like she's posing, when actually, she was just getting ready to pose. She's my sweetheart. I do love being a mom to this girl!
I have had the best morning! I went back to sleep after I'd taken the kids to school for the second half of my night's rest and woke up feeling great! It's rare that I have a night that my foot doesn't wake me up feeling like I've hit my funny bone, so this was an extra perk for the night! I got up, got ready and walked out the front door just as Natalie was pulling in. We had a wonderful lunch together and then did a little "dreaming" at Bed Bath and Beyond, then the furniture store for a project she's working on. Then, we went back to her house to see some of the fun things she's done on her home this past few months. I love Natalie's home! She's got a gift for making things beautiful!
I came home and took a minute to read my mail and take a little gander at the backyard/garden. I was thinking about my friendship with Natalie. We barely connect during the summertime, other than a few texts here and there. We are both so involved with our families all summer long. But, when we reconnect in the fall, it's like we were at lunch yesterday. A long lunch/catch-up session and we are right back on track. I love our relationship! It's truly a huge blessing in my life.
Nat and I texted a few times after lunch and then in the middle of that, Katie texted. When we were together on Sunday night to plan and discuss our upcoming trip to NYC, we discussed what we were bringing and what we would be carrying around the Big Apple! Today, she was at Target and found a bag/backpack that she thought I might like. She called to ask if I'd gotten her text with a picture of it. Not yet, but we talked for a sec, she described it and it sounded awesome. The photo came after we hung up and I loved it! Perfect!
Again, I feel so blessed to have Katie in my life. Not only is she awesomeness as mother of one of our grands, she is just a fun friend, one of my favorite people. I can. not. wait!!!! for our trip together next month! This is going to be my best birthday EVER! How could it not be when it's been the number one bucket list dream adventure since I was twelve years old. And I'm going to be there on my birthday! This was an unexpected thrill and I still can't believe it's finally happening! It never ceases to amaze me that my life can be so blessed with little surprises and excitements along the way! I'm doing the happy dance as I type!
This morning, something was on my mind while I was lying there trying to go back to sleep. It was a disturbing issue in my life right now. I, literally, said out loud to myself, "Self! Stop that! Focus on the positive not the negative!" So, I stopped thinking about that "issue" and started saying lots of positive affirmations to myself. Counting my blessings. Went straight to sleep. If I'd have laid there thinking about "the issue", I'd have never slept again. There's a quote that says something about getting sleep and not worrying, I'll have to look it up... but, it is so true. I love it!
So, here's a few things I'm thinking about instead of worrying about things I have no control over today...
- I have awesome kids! They are so amazing!
- Oh my heck, I love Doug! And even better, he loves me back!
- I have so many great friends in my life. They bring so much joy and fun into my life!
- I'm going to NYC in a month and will finally check off Numero UNO!!!
- My organs and my mind are healthy, regardless of my dang foot!
- Even with a small bank account, we sure have a lot of fun!
- Our garden runneth over! We have been blessed! We have hundreds of peaches and plums! YAY!
- There is much laughter in my life. MUCH!
- I get to raise a second family and hear the sounds of "family" twice as long as a lot of my peers.
- I get to be at home when my kids walk in from school.
- I love the gospel of Christ and the impact it has on my every moment of life!
- I love my new washer and my vaccuum and my iPad and all of the toys that simplify my life.
- My home makes me happy! Coming home from Natalie's beautiful new changes, I was genuinely excited for her and walked back into my house and said, "Home! I love it!"
- I have two little pooches that greet me when I come home and sleep by where ever I'm sitting and wag their tails and jump up and down until I pet them everytime I walk into the house.
- There are so many things still on my bucket list that I will get to do in the future, it's something to think and dream about!
- I have been blessed!
Not because everything is good, but because you can see the good in everything!